Bell Let’s Talk (But Not About That)

9 comments on “Bell Let’s Talk (But Not About That)
  1. daveS says:

It seems so insincere, this make a few charity dollars in a quiet week in January, and try to lift our bad corporate profile.
    So how many dollars, and what did it go for? How much involved opening a Bell service accounts?

Bell says:
    “On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell donates 5 cents to Canadian mental health programs for every applicable text, local or long distance call, tweet or TikTok video using #BellLetsTalk; every Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day videos; and every use of the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or Snapchat filter.
    Over the first 10 annual Bell Let’s Talk Days, Canadians and people around the world have sent a total of more than 1.1 billion messages of support for mental health – bringing Bell’s total funding commitment up to $113,415,135 so far…”

Nice clip of Barbara Stanwyck on the phone in a scene from the film ‘Sorry, Wrong Number’, (1948) though.

2. wolfkir says:

I never contribute to these corporate campaigns. Any tax credits going, I want them for myself, thank you all too much.

The need is for transient urgent care beds, rather than “removing the stigma”. Let’s Talk is cheap.

4. daveS says:

and from Alicia Elliott ( @WordsandGuitar ) Jan 28
    TLDR: #BellLetsTalk about how colonialism and capitalism inevitably create depression, anxiety and other mental health issues, then profit off it by promising us therapy and pills we have to buy ourselves can stop it when they absolutely cannot.

5. daveS says:

12th annual BELL Bullshit day today 26 January 2022.
    Sigh!

6. OJM says:

To my fellow Frank commenters…I’m listening (while taking swigs of Jameson and scratching my ass).

7. daveS says:

Jan Wong
    @WriterWong
    Jan 26 2022
    #BellLetsTalk fired then gagged me w/ non-disclosure agreement when I suffered depression. After I published memoir “Out of the Blue,” Bell & @globeandmail clawed back my $209,000 settlement AND forced me to pay their legal costs. #BellYouShutUp ‘til you end NDAs
    @cbmsilence